Take part in a panel discussion about the environmental impacts of chloride on water quality, aquatic animals, and plants, while enjoying lunch at Mo’s Irish Pub in Wauwatosa.
We all want safe winter driving conditions, but using chloride-based de-icing products, also known as road salt, can come at a cost. Chloride is very soluble in water and has numerous negative effects on water quality, animal health, and plant life. It also poses risks to pets, wild animals, and soil health.
Join us to hear about the challenges that chloride and road salt present to our waterways, and learn the steps you can take to put our three rivers on a low salt diet.
- 11:00 am – Arrival and greeting.
- 11:10 am – Update from Jennifer Bolger Breceda on Milwaukee Riverkeeper programming
- 11:30 am – Presentations (lunch served at this time)
- 12:45 pm – Panel Discussion facilitated by Milwaukee Riverkeeper’s Water Quality Specialist Zac Driscoll
- 1:45 pm – Conclusion and SWAN upcoming events
Mo’s Irish Pub
10842 W Bluemound Rd
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
$15 for the entire event;
$13 if you are a member of Milwaukee Riverkeeper
For more information contact SWAN Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-731-0570.
Open to the public. You don’t have to be a member to attend.