Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Milwaukee Riverkeeper. The Milwaukee River Basin is over 800 square miles and we could use all the help we can get monitoring it and keeping it clean!
Here are some of the volunteer jobs we have available. Please fill out the form below and we will contact you periodically with different opportunities to get involved in. Thanks again for your willingness to help!
- Graphic Design Assistance: On an as needed basis. We will contact you periodically to help design brochures, fliers, etc.
- Help with/at Events: About once a month we need volunteers to table at community functions, help set/tear down events, greet people at fundraisers, etc.
- Office Work: Periodically, we could use help in our office with data entry, stuffing envelopes and other related tasks.
- River Cleanups/River Restoration: We hold river cleanups and river restoration projects throughout the warmer months (April-November). Our biggest river cleanup is in April with 50 sites throughout the Milwaukee area.
- Water Quality Monitoring: Volunteer stream monitors measure parameters such as dissolved oxygen, water temperature and PH each month from May – October. A day-long training (usually a Saturday in late April or early May) is required. Open to all levels of experience. Click here for more info.